Membership of the Royal Asiatic Society
The Society welcomes applications for fellowship from anyone with a serious interest in Asian Studies. Students following an established course of education are eligible for Student Fellowship at a reduced fee and their application should be accompanied by a letter of support from their course tutor/ supervisor or a copy of their student card.
Applications are considered regularly by the RAS Council and normally processed within a month. You can submit your application online by going to the registration page and filling in the online form.
The first payment of subscription is due on application and then annually from the date of first payment. Should your application not be successful we will refund your payment.
For further information and queries please contact Camilla Larsen by email or phone: 0207 391 9420
Benefits of Fellowship
- The opportunity to support, and be involved in, the work of a learned society concerned to increase knowledge of Asia.
- The opportunity to meet leading scholars in the field of Asian Studies.
- The opportunity to attend, and bring guests, to lectures, seminars and cultural events held at the Society throughout the year.
- Access to the Library and the Society’s manuscript holdings.
- Use of the Society’s Reading Room.
- Discount when hiring the Society’s rooms.
- Receipt of the RAS Journal four times per year.
- Discount on reproductions from the RAS collections.
Letter from the RAS President Professor Sarah Ansari regarding new rates from 01/01/2024.
If you wish to sign up for print copies of the JRAS from 01/01/2024 please pay £20 directly to the society’s account with the reference JRAS.
Royal Asiatic Society
Account Number 00452302 Sort Code: 30-00-08
IBAN: GB95 LOYD 3000 0800 4523 02
Please do so by 15th of December for the January issue.