The archive holds a number of the Society’s own institutional records which date from the founding of the Society in 1823. These have been organised into their record keeping areas with those that have been catalogued listed below.
Records from the sister branches of the Society including:
• Asiatic Society (formerly Asiatic Society of Bengal)
• Asiatic Society of Bangladesh
• Asiatic Society of Mumbai
• Asiatic Society of Japan
• Malaysian Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society
• Royal Asiatic Society, China
• Royal Asiatic Society, Hong Kong
• Royal Asiatic Society Korea Branch
• Royal Asiatic Society of Sri Lanka
Awards and Medals
Please note that some of these records are currently restricted in accordance with Data Protection Legislation.
Lectures & Events
The Society also hold material from other organisations whose activities have often interlinked with the work of the Society. Examples include:
More of these can be viewed on the Society’s Archives Hub page.